11 July 2007

Jasmine's Sharing

A few days ago, I was asked to post up my sharing for this week with the connect group. As there was so many that I could share, I prayed and asked God to drop into my heart what He wanted me to share with all of you. As I walked to the bus stop on Monday morning, I felt the LORD dropped into my heart this statement.

“Share with them what had really captured you at the conference”

Immediately, thoughts flooded my mind and I was drawn back to the whole week reflecting on everything at once, I was searching for the thing that captured my heart at the conference.

“Was it the big stadium arena of crowd and the awesome worship?” or
“Was it he fact that the electives were all interesting and captivating?”, “Was it the fantastic line up of speakers which rallied the whole crowd of people?” or “Was it all the hype about Hillsongs Conference?”

NO.

It was all about You LORD. You and me having a personal encounter, being in the place at a time dedicated for Your Purpose and Your Glory. It was about You having your own way with me and every other individual who was there at the conference. It was about coming back to the heart of worship, to live it out and not just have head knowledge. It was about being impacted by You and being transformed. I guess one of the issues that I faced was distractions when I return to Adelaide. As you all know, distractions will come and I did not want the whole transformation bit to be just merely another “great experience” or a “just a moment at Hillsongs Conference”. Another thing is keeping eternity in perspective also really hit homeground for me and to know God more initmately. I was also reminded of the power of the Cross and what Jesus had done for me and you. The power of His love for us (not our love for Him) is what will drive me and you to spur on in our walk with Him.

With that, I pray that each one of you will also continue to seek God, to know Him and be challenged to love Him with all your heart, all your mind and all your strength. I know that you and I may stumble at times but be encouraged for God’s grace is sufficient for us and His strength is made perfect in our weaknesses.

In Jesus’s name, AMEN.

No comments: