2 Aug 2007

Past Present and Future

One fine day, a girl was praying silently as she spoke out to God:
Dear God, please tell me what should I speak about YOU with the lovely sisters I met here?

Then came a gentle and soft-spoken voice:
Tell them the journey you have with me for your past 20 years Michelle!

So here I am with my Past, Present and Future…

Past: I was brought up as a Roman Catholic and thought I knew God very well. I thought by attending masses very Sunday, reciting prayers like the Lord’s Prayer perfectly, obeying the rules on special occasions such as fasting during Good Friday will show that I’m a good daughter of HIM and that’s the whole picture of being a Christian. This is way wrong! I was never walking with Him as much as He desires to walk with me. I ignore every chance that He could reach and speak to me. When trials come, I shut myself up and instead of turning to Him; I rather suffer in pain and worries and let my brain overtakes my feelings, instead of letting Him to take full control. Little did I realise that the existence of God in my life has becoming more like a religion routine and not a relationship. Of course I did pray when I need Him, but in good times, He was a total stranger to me. I started running away from God, feeling ashamed and unworthy of His love. However that does not make me a better person! My life started falling into pieces and it seems like I’m losing control in everything I once thought I had control of.

Present: I went back to Him knowing that I cannot hide from Him anymore. He gave His pledge to all those who believe in Him that whoever who search for Him will find Him. He wants to build the intimate relationship with us and His spirit will guide us through each step in life even during stormy days. “The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged - Deuteronomy 31:8”. Indeed, He never leaves me but continues loving me far beyond my expectation. It was then I realise what an almighty and great Father I have in heaven, how could I have gone astray thinking that I can face the enemies of life alone? I wanted to have a relationship with Him, to share the ups and downs and to leave the wheel of my life into His hand knowing that He is the captain and all I have to do is to obey His command. But I love Him, what can I do to make Him glad after all that He has done for me? I know! That is to serve Him. Christianity is no longer a small frame; it is a far bigger picture that it seems to be.

Future: A faithful servant of God and a Christ-like girl who knows that God’s answer is always the best because “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take – Proverbs 3:5-6”. Wish I knew this earlier, guess it’s never too late to know! ^_^

I pray that all of you will continue to be faithful because in faith, He will provide. Have a blessed week ahead fellow princesses of the almighty KING!

Love always,
Michelle

No comments: