9 Aug 2007

No Connect Group this Week

Hi Everyone!

There will be no connect group this week.

Ps Nikki is unable to make it at 12:00pm and is not available all Saturdays leading up to Edge Conference. She is however free on weekday nights, say following Monday night.

Michelle and Kareeann are unable to make it this Sunday.

How are you all going with journaling your journey of 'drawing near' to God?

Each time I listen to lesson 1, this declaration that John Bevere made always stands out 'drawing near to God is our responsibility'.

I pondered over it & isn't it true how often we tend to fall back to a 'passive' christianity? We serve a God who is in hot pursuit of us and often times I think we tend to fall back and wait to be pursued, wait for the right season, wait for the right timing, wait for a convienient time, wait till we are ready or till we feel like we can 'do' it, or till we are happy with everyone around us etc.

However, a passionate (what words did u use to describe ur personal understanding or definition of passion/ passionate' in the little activity we did prior to watching the DVD?) lover is one who takes responsibility and who pursues her Lord, forsaking all; who WORSHIPS with ALL her heart, ALL her mind, ALL her strength dying to self / regardless of how she feels, what she is going through, feverently, with TOTAL DEVOTION live a life that speaks I WILL praise, I WILL love, I WILL run, I WILL, I WILL, till I see His face.

Lets continue on this journey, encouraging one another to live extraordinary lives, (soo possible, because we serve an extraordinary God who has empowered us) consecrated (set apart), passionate about our Creator, our Saviour KING.

Keep presevering and praying :o)

Love,
Winnie

No comments: