15 Jan 2008

Kareeann to you...

The Void In Our Heart…………..

Hi girls…………..

It has been a while...but nevertheless looking forward to catching up with everyone in 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hope is that 2007 has been a great year for everyone but my prayer is that 2008 will be even GREATER for all of us personally. Just cant help but feel there is so much in Him that is in store, if only we will realise it and dig deep into it…
Not sure about u, but I’ve always struggled about the meaning of ‘life’…Towards the end of the year 2007, I often ponder and trace back the patterns of my daily life, going to work, coming home, meeting up with friends occasionally, going to church ( maybe going through the ‘quarter of century’ syndrome thingy )..I will question myself, is this all??? Is this all about life, basically??….There’s surely much more into it than just this…
Then I began to realise that each and every one of us, regardless if we consciously or unconsciously know there is a void in each of our heart. And many times, I fill up the void with physical things ( such as activities or people ) or emotions which of course only gave me a temporary satisfaction, but it would not last and the dissatisfaction and unfulfilment will come rushing through again…
I began to see that as long as the void is not filled by Him, I will not be able to tap into the true meaning of life….

As Jesus said in John 4: 13, ‘ Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks from the water I give will never thirst again. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life’....

And there is only ONE fountain of life who is able to give us eternal fulfilment. A sense of completeness and wholeness in Him..

My simple prayer, ‘

‘Forgive me, Lord for walking my own road,
This life is Yours, Your kingdom come,
Your will be done,
Now and Forever,
And I Surrender’

As I began to surrender, little things which used to ‘ tick’ me off, suddenly doesn’t seem important anymore, the fact that there isn’t anything to do on Saturday morning after a hard week at work, or my main dream of coming to Australia is to travel to as many places as how I used to be in Auckland, and I haven’t even been to all the places in Adelaide, or getting upset or offended with people, all this doesn’t seem to be as important anymore…..

Hence, stepping into the year 2008, it is my commitment to keep Him my priority in everything that I do, and to ‘avail’ myself to Him not because of what He can do, but what Jesus has done in the cross and my wish is that all of u will join alongside me in this journey….

My encouragement is ( to myself and to everyone ) is to dig deep to the core, do not settle for a mediocre life or live a half hearted life because He wants us to live a life which is FULL……and what a great start to this year, by committing ‘I’m all Yours and I surrender ‘………..

No comments: