25 July 2007

A little peek into one of my devotions

Stephanie Wong's devotion on the 22nd of July 2007 at 10.43 p.m..

I was getting ready to read the Word when the word 'way' popped into my head. I thus used my trusty PDA to search for every single verse in the Bible with the fore said word. 516 results came up! Scrolling through them all, I decided to read Psalms 37.

And guess what? The chapter fits nicely with the DVD we saw at Winnie's house on Saturday and also the exercise of writing down our dreams/desires :) Well, in my opinion anyways.

Here are the few verses which really stood out for me.

Verse 4: Delight yourself also in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Verse 5: Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him and He shall bring it to pass.

Verse 7: Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.

Verse 8: Do not fret-it only causes harm.

Verse 9: But those who wait on the Lord, They shall inherit the Earth.

Verse 24: Though we (it says 'he' in the Bible, but I think 'we' sounds better :p) fall, we shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds us with His hand.

Verse 39: He is our (originally 'their') strength in the time of trouble.

Verse 40: He will deliver us (originally 'them') because we trust Him.

What I gather from those few verses are (you may not agree with me :p):

  1. We need to fall in love with God and long to be with Him/find pleasure in Him. If we can reach this level, he will grant us what we wrote down on that piece of paper (provided it's not something like 'I want to own 10 Porsche's').
  2. We need to commit our desires/dreams to Him and trust that He will see it through.
  3. We should wait patiently for what He is going to do.
  4. We should not worry about whether or not we can achieve our dream because it is in His hands.
  5. Even though we fall along the way, He won't give up on us/let us go.
  6. He will deliver us from all that stands in the way of our dream simply because we trust in Him with all our heart.

What a cool God we have! :)

Hope you all are having a great week!

Love,

Stephanie Wong

No comments: